> T.C.A. Venkatesan writes:
> >
> >A few thoughts to add to Mike's post:
> >
> >1. If BU were to beat Maine, I think HE will have a big relief, as I
> >   see only minor squabbles (probably) after that, this season. If,
> >   Maine were to upset BU this weekend, then, in all likelyhood, all
> >   hell will break loose in HE.
> >
> >2. Whatever the result of this situation, it seems to me that bad blood
> >   has been created between Maine and HE....
> >
> > <The rest deleted>
>
> If there is indeed bad blood between Maine and HE now and if (a big IF) HE
> sees a BU win in the first round as a temporary relief from this
> situation, I hope this doesn't affect officiating in these games.  How
> much control does a league have on the officials?  What is going to
> happen if there are a few "seemingly" bad calls against Maine during
> these games, regardless of the winner of the series?
>
> - Reza M.
> BU '89 '93

Although I have very high respect for almost all of the Hockey East refs
(only Leavitt stands out as not being of the same calibre or the others), I
certainly hope that Hockey East brings in Frank Cole to do the entire BU-Maine
series this weekend.  He is, without doubt, the best ref in the league, the
most consistent, AND THE MOST RESPECTED!  The fact is that even with all the
emotion that will undoubtedly be involved, both Parker and Walsh will have
more respect for Cole's decisions than any other ref in the country.

If anyone in the Hockey East office is reading this...
PLEASE bring in Cole to do the BU-Maine series.  With so much bad blood, we
NEED the best.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre