The "Oliver's Law of Woofing" was a real joy to read.  I guess it led me to
some thoughts that may or may not be funny.

Some Daffynitions:

Woof:  To carry on about one's team in an unreasonable, infantile manner, i.e.
        "Lowell will crush BU tonight"

Whine: To complain 'Dangerfieldesquely' (sorry to the original author, I d
        accidentally zapped the post and forgot the E-mail address) about the
        perceived lack of respect a team gets, i.e.,
        "Lowell should be in teh top 5, their winning percentage is top 5!"

New Term:

Howl:  As in a coyote baying at the moon.  Combines the characteristics of
        thw 'Woof' and the 'Whine'.  Recent Exmaple:
        Assorted gibberish regarding Lowell beating BU on 2/2 and abuse of
        certain BU fans.  (that word 2 lines up should read Example)

As was expected, Oliver's Woof Gods smote the Lowell Chiefs, not necessarily
because BU may be a better team, but because of the Howling that could be
heard all over Hockey-L, coming from Lowell.

And I though that I was the only one growing a little weary of little Stevey
W. and his posts.  That sort of stuff does not really appear to fit in here.

One Question to the Author oof Oliver's Woofing Laws:

How does Howling affect a teams chances.  Does a whiney nature enhance the
power of the Woof karma?

Oooh my ears are burning!

Rich
Go RPI!  (please beat Clarkson  <--Not a Woof, but a Beg!)