Having slain the dragon the night before, Saturday night's match at
Bright found both teams putting forth a less than heroic performance.
The Skating Dutchmen and the Crimson just went through the motions.
Its a pity the fans needed to show up.

In the first period Union scored first when John Sicinski shot under
the goalie's pads from the left circle.  Harvard tied the match when
Brian Farrell (Chris Baird) finished off a nice pass from Baird who
had circled the net.  Union took the lead when Sicinski (Patrick
O'Flaherty, Jay Prentice) shot home off the goaltender while a penalty
was about to be called on the Crimson.  Cory Gustafson (Tom Holmes,
Peter McLaughlin) tied the game after his line had been using a
naturally occuring low roll to create pressure on the Dutchmen net.
In the second period Union again got the lead when Troy Stevens (Chris
Ford, Andrew Will) broke in the right wing, went to the net and shot
in.  Harvard tied the match at three when Sean McCann (Ben Coughlin,
Kirk Nielsen) cut to the net and Coughlin after some good digging
got him the puck.  There was no scoring and little attempt at attack-
ing in both the third period and overtime.

It is hard for me to say much about Union as the game didn't give me
much of a look at their talents.  The line of Cory Holbrough, Jeff
Jiampetti and Chris Albert showed some promise.  At times Troy
Stevens seemed to have some offensive ideas.  I guess you could say
that they looked like they have got their control D in place.

For the following Harvard seniors, this was the final regular season
game: Derek Maguire, Sean Wenham, Sean McCann, Chris Baird, Lou Body,
Brian Farrell and Ian Kennish.  As a class they have been dependable
and talented.  To my eyes they have been one of the stronger classes
of Harvard hockey.  Merci beaucoup!  Harvard did no more than try to
tie Union.  Only Sean McCann and Ashlin Halfnight tried to raise the
level of play.  Unfortunately they failed.  I thought the fourth line
of Joe Craigen, Ian Kennish and Marco Ferrari played with the most
spirit.  It will be good to have that skating line when the playoffs
start.  All in all, a pathetic match.

/
 good shooting
 rhun