Jim Emery remarked:
>...  It wasn't surprising to
>see that Shier and Moore were leading the Badger offense but I am
>wondering what has been up with Jason Zent.  He was a highly praised
>freshman and his penalty minutes seemed to be something that could get
>worked out with experience.  As I'm no longer in Madison, news on the
>Badgers is a bit scarce so if anyone could pass some along it would be
>greatly appreciated.

Zent has had an inconsistent year.  For a stretch in the middle of the
season, his wrist was bothering him, hampering his trademark quick-trigger
shot.  He's healthy now, and his play has stepped up accordingly.  Expect
big things from him during the playoffs, barring another injury.  He still
is a bit of a hothead, as is his roommate Shier.

In my opinion, the Badger playing better than Zent, Moore, or even Shier is
Kelly Fairchild.  Lately, he's been playing really good, intelligent
hockey, and he's especially racking up assists.  Under his
"quarterbacking", the Badger power play has improved from nonexistent to
decent.  A Hobey Baker top ten candidate in my opinion.

Gonna be a war at the Great Dane this weekend.  Go Badgers!

-===-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-===-