ever seen from a college goaltender," I would like to defend him by noting he
was magnificent against Colgate Saturday night. He really kept Clarkson in the
game in the first period when play was dominated in the Clarkson zone. He only
allowed one goal when Colgate stole the puck and had numbers. Clarkson
should've been down by more than one goal, especially since they were only able
to register two shots on net. In the next two periods, he stymied the Red
Raiders stopping 37 shots compared to 14 by Colgate goalie Matt Weder. Although
many of the shots were long range shots by defensemen, I can see how he was
named ECAC player of the week (last week). He definitely stacks up to other
more highly recognized goalies I've seen this year (Dwayne Roloson, Geoff Finch,Aaron Israel). While mentioning ECAC goaltenders, can anyone explain what has
happened to SLU netminder Paul Spagnoletti since his outstanding sophomore
season?
                                Adam Schupak
                        Voice of Colgate Hockey 90.1 WRCU