Being involved with the UAF program for many years( and as a former player)
it is frustraing to continue to be a part of a Div. I program when we are
running out of teams to play. Yes we are affiliated with the CCHA, but 10
-12 games a year are not enough. As of now, the Nanooks have NOT ONW
ONE DIV. I Team to play after next christmas break. EVERY league is com
pletely locked into their schedule after X-mas so no one can play UAF if
they wanted. While the WCHA and CCHA AD's and coaches ALL say they are sympa
theic. NO ONE is taking a leadership role to help.Something has to happen
this April at th league meetings or we may be looking at another USIU or
Northern Arizona down the road for the UAF program.Their scheduling problem
is Critical!!!!