Rob Callum writes:
>> Sean McDonough           WSBK, Boston, MA
>
>   I guess what I'm asking is why he's on the committee? Has he been
>involved in college hockey and did I just miss it?

Before McDonough was the big shot he is now, he was the play by play
voice on all NESN Hockey East telecasts.  He did this from about 1984-90
or so, until he got the Red Sox job and was replaced by Minnesota's
Bob Kurtz.  I like Kurtz very, very much - but he is the second best
tv play by play guy I have ever heard call a college hockey game.
McDonough is #1.  If you get a chance to see and hear the 1985 HE
Championship (PC 2-BC 1 in 2 ots, 65 saves for Terreri), don't miss
it...he is on the call.  I've seen NESN run it unannounced during Red
Sox rainouts, etc.

As far as I know, McDonough's only involvement with college hockey now
is that he calls the Beanpot championship game on WSBK-TV38 each year.
If that qualifies him to vote for the Hobey, heck, we should all get
votes. :-)  I don't see how he has the time to follow college hockey
with all the jobs he has now - WSBK, ESPN, CBS, etc.

Since we're mentioning McDonough, how about him calling the NC$$ DivI
Championship game instead of Tom Mees?
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<<< Color Voice of the (9-9-1) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>>