Ralph writes:

>Yesterday I mentioned that there was at least one situation where there
>was a forfeit because a team did not have enough players to continue.
>I checked my collection of programs and can now supply a few more
>details.

[ details deleted... sorry, Ralph :-) ]

>I also checked a recent edition of the RPI media guide/yearbook -- the
>game is entered as 5-1, the score at the time that the game was
>forfeited, not 1-0 or some other standard forfeit score.

The game may have been called, rather than forfeited.  I've heard of a
few games being treated this way when some event (usually a bench-clearing
brawl) causes the officials to decide that it would be best not to continue
play.  In those cases, the team that was leading at the time (I've never seen
this happen with the score tied) was declared the winner, and the score on
the board was taken as the "official" result.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!
"Why is it whenever you break up with somebody, they always say, 'You'll
 never meet anyone else like me'?  I should hope not!  If I don't want to
 go out with YOU, why would I want to go out with someone JUST LIKE YOU?"
-- Larry Miller