I hope everyone agrees non-conference tilts are important. They
are to the NCAA selection committee. Now I'm not knocking UMass-Lowell,
but they own a 6-2-1 non-conference mark. Four of those wins were over
Army and Air Force.
        I feel the reason Lowell hasn't been Top-10 is because of their
strength of schedule. What prominent team have they beaten? Brown is
decent, but not a Top-10 team. This is why I feel they haven't received
more notoriety.
        We shall see if the Chiefs are deserving after they face BU, New
Hampshire and Maine twice each. Not a flame. Just my two cents.

Nick Strangas