Michigan won 2-1 over BG.
I don't have any stats as I was at the game with a bunch of friends.
When I got in, the ticket taker told me to go in the wrong direction, so I
went the opposite way and won a bet.  Anyways BG scored the only goal in
the first, and Michigan scored the only goals of each of the second and
third periods.  Michigan hit two posts in the third and Shields was
basically dominant.  Oliver was unseen, and Petrie did not even make the
trip.  Clarke played quite well in the nets for BG making saves on 27 of
29 shots or so.  Shields was 36 of 38.  Both of those were heard as the
band was playing so....  Why isn't Shields getting any recognition for
Hobey Baker?  He won the game making amazing save after another.  There
were three tough deflections that he stopped as well as many nice passing
plays.  His only miscue was on a rebound.  Any other goalie and BG wins.

Three stars
1 Shields
2 Will Clarke ( BG goalie)
3 some Michigan guy who I don't remember.
If BG would have won I would have given Chad Ackerman of BG the third star
and kept one and two the same.  Only Ackerman kept a few 2 on 1s and 3 on
2s out of the net.  He is a d-man.
I wish BG would clear rebounds the way Michigan does.
Shields is tremendous.

When asked about Western Civilization, Ghandi replied
 " I think it is a good idea."
1993-94 Stanley Cup Champs                 Pittsburgh Penguins
1993-94 N.C.A.A. Basketball Champs         Michigan Wolverines
If you don't like it, well too damn bad!  Inventor of TOAST THIS!
Josh Kirshner  [log in to unmask]   Future stat man of the Penguins!