>Oh, man, are these guys bad!!  I watched last Saturday's game, and it was
>absolutely brutal.  Gamere doesn't actually do "play-by-play" -- that would
>imply that he actually reported on the action on the ice.  Rather, he engages
>in these long, inane conversations with his color guy (Park wasn't there last
>weekend), only occasionally interrupting to say "and there's a shot by
>Lowell."  He seems to sort of know the Lowell players, but doesn't even make
>an attempt to call out the opposing team's players.  He went ten minutes at a
>time without mentioning a *single* NU player other than the goaltender,
>Veisor.

>He doesn't see penalties (did anyone else laugh uncontrollably when he was
>trying to figure out two matching hitting-after-the-whistle calls early in
>the game?), doesn't know the rules, and can't do play-by-play.  What could
>TV50 have been thinking?

Sounds as if Gamere should have stayed with "Candlepins for Cash" where he
could keep up with the action and suspense (three marks in a row got you
bonus money).

Regarding the Joubert incident:

Although I was not at Saturday's UNH-BU game, I have season tickets and my
seats are located three rows directly above the walkway between the ice and
the visitor's locker room.  There are several young fans that sit in the area
and there are always several standing where the players come off the ice
(usually asking for sticks, trying to shake hands, etc.)  I am sometimes
amazed at what some 10-12 year olds yell at the players as they walk by AND
their parents are right there and do nothing!

Bruce Spencer
UNH '71

P.S.  I had a good reason for missing the game Saturday.  My son plays high
school hockey and had a game that night.  It wasn't easy passing up a UNH-BU
game though.