Wow, let us be friends here.  Have any of the people griping
about Wisconsin's after game practice ever been
on a hockey team?  I played Junior B from when I was 12 years old
until I started playing university club hockey:  this "qualifies" my
following comments.  We had closed door meetings sometimes.  We
practiced after games also.  The meetings were to air out things:
more hustle needed, do not like aspects of breakout, change power
play setup, etc.  Yeah, we even yelled at each other.  However, the
captains had no hold over the rest of us; they may have started the
meetings, but we all "finished" them.  Besides, we were all around
the same age, and there was no way in heck I was going to let some
other guy my same age bully me into doing something against my will.
I am not stating that I am some sort of bad man, but think about it
... how much control over the most important aspect of a player's
career on a team (playing time!) do the captain's have?  With respect
to after game practices, we all agreed to them because we all agreed
that the main source of our problems was not hustling.  We were
probably wrong about *that* but it felt good to blame the bad effort
on something and then work hard.  It left us feeling good.  Besides,
if a hard practice was what the coach thought we needed, we would get
it on Monday, Tuesday, ... anyway!  The Wisconsin after game practice
was legal.  End of story.  Did it serve a purpose?  I hope so.  Do I
wish Wisconsin would win every game?  Sure.  But then again, college
hockey is exciting in spite of someone losing.  If every one of
Wisconsin's games were like last years' NCAA loss to Michigan, I
would be happy (well not *that* happy):  it was just a great game and
that is what it is all about.