Don't feel too bad, Mr. Gilreath, Carthage is the only school
(high or post-secondary) open in southeastern Wisconsin.
Whether Wisconsin counts as "civilized" is open to debate,
though... ; )

FNSBR writes:
>UAA's arrogance has snowballed since joining the WCHA and
>now is trying to avoid scheduling UAF for their two game
>series next year. UAA is in a league...

Now, I have absolutely no background on the politics between UAA
and UAF, or Anchorage and the interior, but here's the view from
the outside. UAA is indeed in a league; a league with a 32-game
conference season, where all the other schools, by virtue of NOT
being located in Alaska, are allowed two more non-con games than
the Seawolves. UAA had to give up a great tournament which was
lucrative and a terrific PR-builder in order to keep a traditional
series with UAF.

UAA's position seems to be this: The NC$$ rule about Alaskan games
 not counting in an opponent's schedule can still help UAF, but hinders
 us, since 32 of our 34 games are spoken for by the WCHA. So, why
 should our remaining two games go to them?

What I'd suggest would be to permanently invite UAF as a team in the
 Nissan/Jeep Classic, a la UM and MSU in the GLI. This way the 'Nooks
and 'Wolves could get together at least once a year, and UAA would
 still have the prestige of their tournament.

GS
Carthage College...Brrrrr!!!!!