James Old writes:

> This brings to mind a related question.  I was once told that U Mich coach
> Red Berenson was the first college player to make it in the NHL.  Is there
> any truth to that statement, or is it entirely wrong?  Sounds fishy to me,
> but
> I have no way of knowing for sure.

Well, if so, he must be older than I thought!  John Mariucci played with the
Blackhawks before and after World War II, and I'm not suggesting that I have any
reason to believe he was the first one.

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!