Princeton got their first Div I win this season beating Colgate 5-4 at
Baker rink.  Princeton was ahead for most of the game, leading 3-2 at
the end of one, and 4-3 at the end of the second.

The game was certainly not pretty, with neither team looking very strong
on the power play.  Watching this game I don't understand how Colgate
beat both Harvard and Brown.  Colgate was taking quite a few cheap shots
and the play was generally chippy, with Princeton players frequently
sent sliding on the ice.

The big plus for Princeton was the return of recently drafted defenseman
Jason Smith.  Smith has been out for the start of the season due to
mono, and he certainly looked thinner than last year and somewhat rough
around the edges.  His 6'4" frame helped keep Colgate in check and he
also put in the game winner.

Tomorrow night should be an interesting match-up between two very young
teams, Cornell and Princeton.

John Meier