I think I can answer part of my own post.  I had mentioned
before that TCHCR may rate good teams that have played tough
competition a little more harshly than another poll would (like
CHODR) because of the game outcome measure (GOM).  The effect
of the GOM is not as severe as I had implied before because
the GOM basically gives the winning team +1 point and the losing
team -1 point.  I'm not quite sure what the effect of this GOM
is in cases of widely varying strength-of-schedules, but it
can behave unpredictably.

Second moral of the story:  TCHCR and CHODR tell different
but equally important stories.

                - Stephen Leroy (Cornell '88)