Ben Cloutier had noted that only one team in the top
14 of TCHCR had a top 10 strength of schedule (that
team being #4 Wisconsin).  I think I have a good
explanation for this.  I recall that the TCHCR uses
something called a "game outcome measure" (GOM) which gives
the winning team a certain number of points depending
on the results of the game.  In at least a past version
of TCHCR, Keith had given ALOT of points to a team for
merely winning a game (which tells you something).
Thus, if you have lost many games but to tough opponents,
you wouldn't get the same amount of credit as you would
with a different GOM (as in, say, CHODR).

I note that TCHCR maintains its integrity, though.  It
realizes extremely little connectivity between good
teams that have played tough competition and weaker
teams that have played mediocre competition.  This means
that when the good teams start playing the "rest" of the
league, look for their ratings to catapult (provided they
win, of course).  Then again,  I'm not sure whether Keith
is using the same GOM anymore.

The moral of the story is that mutual team standings should
really be ignored where connectivity is weak.

                - Stephen Leroy (Cornell '88)