Stephen Lewis asked about Matt Alvey, a freshman forward at Lake State.  So
far, he's doing pretty well up there.  In his first fifteen games, he had two
goals and six assists.  I asked my parents, who are Laker season ticket
holders, about Alvey, and they are very impressed with him so far.  My dad
said his size is an asset, and his puck-handling is impressive.  He compared
him to Dean Hulett, who graduated last year, but said Alvey's better.  I don't
know quite how to take that, since I was never impressed with Hulett's prowess,
but my dad sees more of the Lakers than I do.  Anyway, I guess Alvey's doing
all right for himself in Sault Ste. Marie (by the way, my mom said Alvey was
the best freshman on the team.  Actually, she said he was the best freshman in
the CCHA, but she thinks the center of the world is the Norris Center.)

                                              --Kristen Robinson
                                                University of Kentucky
                                                (Michigan State University '93)