Well,
    As far as I know - it IS a penalty.  I haven`t had a chance to peruse
the NCAA rule book (can't get my hands on one).  USA hockey and NHL both
use the same rule (I won't quote it, but it basically says): If the goal-
tender directs the puck out of the playing area, hs is asessed a two minuted
minor for delay of the game. (This does not include if he stops a shot that
karoms off into the stands.
    Anyone else?

          Mike
-----------------------------------+------------------------------------
DOS     = Dead Operating System    |   DOS is Dead,
Windows = Windoze                  |   Windoze shall never awaken,
N/T     = Nice Try                 |   Nice Try though:
Solaris = Slow-aris                |   Slow as an abbacus,
OS/2    = Our Saviour is 2         |   WPS: Where Productivity Starts.
[log in to unmask]         |   Michael Sheridan
[log in to unmask]                 |   95 Benevolent St.
[log in to unmask]              |   Providence, RI  02906
[log in to unmask]              |   (401) 351-9721