Corey Landstrom 4110 writes:
> I'm looking for a copy (on videotape) of perhaps the greatest hockey game
> ever played - the 1984 NCAA Championship game between UM-Duluth and Bowling
> Green, Lake Placid, NY; final score 5-4 (4OT).  I would appreciate any
> insight as to where I can get a lead on this.

  Ahhh, another voice from the CHDA (College Hockey Dark Ages) echoes across
the land :-)  I'm not about to start another flame war re: the "greatest"
game ever played, but having witnessed this game in person I'd have to say
it ranks in my personal Top Five.  I was *convinced* for many years (as were
many of the people who were watching with me) that the winning goal was
off-sides, but when this topic came up several years ago on HOCKEY-L someone
chimed in with (paraphrasing) "no it wasn't .... I watched the tape last
night, and it was a legitimate goal."

  So tapes of this game *do* exist (it was shown by ESPN on tape delay);
perhaps someone in the SI Office at UMD or BGSU can help you find a source.

> A serious Bulldog hockey fan lost in Iowa.

  [signed] A serious (UNH) Wildcat fan lost in Maryland.  But my tickets
           arrived today for the final BU-UNH game in Snively Arena, not
           to mention the FINAL GAME (vs. the Black Bears) .... Go 'Cats !!

                                        Cheers from Maryland - Jim