I am delighted to announce that the 1994 Women's World Championship
will be held April 11th-18th in Lake Placid.  The first two events
were held in 1990 and 1992.  Both were won by Canada, with the US
finishing second.

The teams will compete in two pools, as determined by there 1992
finish:  Pool A: Canada, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland ;
         Pool B: US, Finland, Denmark, China.

Many of the players for Team USA will be on the team playing an
exhibition game against Canada this week in the US Olympic Festival.
Many of those players will be from the ECAC.  I am looking forward
to hearing who is currently on the US team.  Allez Cammi?

It is my understanding that in the 1994 Winter Olympics Women's ice
hockey will be an exhibition sport.  In the 1998 Olympics in Nagano,
Japan it will be a medal sport.

As I get more definitive information about the Lake Placid event
I will post it to the group.

/
 good shooting
 rhun