David Burke of Cornell

For those of you who are Cornell hockey fans, I'm pleased to report that after
the commencement ceremony on Sunday, I was surprised to see former Red captain,
No. 22, David Burke, standing outside of Lynah Rink.  He came back to attend
the graduation of this year's seniors.

I chatted with him about his experience playing in Greensboro, NC.  The sense I
got was that he was glad to be playing hockey after college, but he was having
a little difficulty adjusting to living in the South (David came from
Michigan).  He will be back next year playing for them, but I also gathered
that he may not continue with this for too long if he does not move up.

As usual, Burkey was thoughtful and polite, just the way I remember him.  It
was really great to see him back on campus (it was the first time he returned
after he was released by Toronto last year).  I wish him the best.

Tom Y. Tseng
Cornell '87  MEng '94