I'm glad to see others are as pessimistic about UMass's chances
in moving this fast into HE. I'm a little confused about the
post replying to my concern that a weak entry into HE would
lower BU's strength-of-schedule rating. Why wouldn't this
happen? If I've been correctly reading the posts about what
the plans for HE schedules are then BU and all other HE
schools will each play UMass 3 times. I would bet that UMass
will be weaker than almost any opponent BU now faces so I
would expect that to lower their rating. Also I thought there
was a sort of second order effect whereby if each of those HE
schools is considered to have a weaker schedule due to 3 games
against UMass then their contribution to BUs strength-of-schedule
would be less. Could someone explain whether I'm off-base on this
and if so, how?
Clarkson isn't the only one to set up special satellite feeds.
The BU Alumni/ae group has had Beanpot parties in a number of
cities including Albany,NY. If they ever open a smoke-free bar
in this area and host it there, I might even go.
NC$$ Goalies in NHL: has anyone else noticed that the over-
whelming majority of these guys are from western schools?
Any speculation on why? Eastern schools have certainly had
their share of good goalies over the years so what is it?
One idea that I had was that perhaps the travel demands of
western scheduling was a lot closer to an NHL life than the
relatively local travel that eastern schools can have. Why
this should particularly effect the goalies is beyond me.
Anyone know if any eastern goalies have had tryouts with
NHL teams but haven't made it?
Thanks for keeping the off-season interesting,
    Dave Carroll, NYS Div. of the Budget
    [log in to unmask]     (or if path problems ...