> From: Jeffrey Anbinder <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Shorter intermissions
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L
>
> How likely is it that any college rink could afford a second resurfacer?

most schools have at least 2.  They keep the old one as a backup for
when the primary breaks.  Out in this time zone, that is true of both
USAFA and DU and i'm pretty certain the broadmoor (CC plays there) has
a second machine.

I've personally seen zamboni failures at two rinks. One was a ruptured
hydraulic line at air force, and the other was a collision with a
radio controlled race car at DU.  In both cases, the absense of a
backup zamboni would have caused considerable tauma.

(a part of me that recalls the story about "always mounting a scratch
monkey" from alt.folklore.computers wants to say one should always
have a scratch zamboni)

charlie shub  ---   [log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)