While I'm the first to man the barricades when the
"pro hockey is better than college hockey" riot
sporadically erupts (answer: as if!), I've
never been turned on by the college version of
the national pastime. But I've been watching the
ESPN broadcasts of the College World Series, and
it's a lot of fun. Granted, it's difficult to distinguish
between Jock Factories (I mean, does Wichita
State even *have* classrooms which don't include
a pitching rubber?), but the game is certainly
closer to Doubleday's original intent than, say, a
Rockies-Mets doubleheader.

Anyway, I recommend it.

Greg
Boston