This has to be one of the weirdest questions asked on this list.

Tonight, I was watching the 90210 special on Fox (yeah, I watch it, wanna
make something of it? :-)).  Hockey got some unexpected exposure.  First,
they were talking to one of the actors and asked him what he planned to do
over the summer - he said, get better at Sega hockey so he could beat Jason
Priestly.

Then, they had Priestly himself ("Brandon Walsh") on, and to intro him,
they showed a clip of an episode where they were playing hockey at some
local rink (from the episode where Brandon hooks up with the figure skater,
the first time I really watched this show).  The woman hosting the show
started talking to him about hockey, and Priestly made reference to the time
he was working on an NBC show called "Sister Kate" (I vaguely remember it)
and he said he was "playing hockey at Notre Dame" and got injured, then had
to return to do the show.

That got me wondering...did he actually play for ND?  So I looked in the ND
media guide which lists all past players...he wasn't in there.  I've heard
the guy is from Minnesota and he looked like he knew what he was doing in
that one episode (probably the only actor who didn't have a double for his
hockey shots), so maybe he played for a college in Minnesota or nearby that
played at Notre Dame sometime in the late 80s?  Possible candidates are St
Thomas and St Cloud (when they were DivIII), both of which played at ND
during that time, or Lake Forest which isn't far, or maybe someone else
like Arizona if he went away to school.

So, I'm wondering if he did perhaps play college hockey briefly - maybe
somebody knows, or maybe Coach Schafer remembers something about this since
he has been at ND since 1987.  Heather thinks Priestly is about 24, which
would probably mean sometime between 1987-90 or so.

The things that come into your mind in the offseason.  Please, someone help
me.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)