I was in Albany this weekend and the local papers talked about the possible
move of the Capital District AHL team from Troy to the Knick (this is a
good possibility since the CD team will now be affiliated with New Jersey,
and Lamoriello is said to be interested in moving the team to Albany).
Anyway, the relevant point is that the Devils want to have a curtain put
across the upper level of the Knick to reduce the seating to a number which
they think CD can fill every night.

My thought is, if this happens, it might be a plus for moving the RPI Inv
to the Knick since it was mentioned that they would rather play in front of
a full Field House than a half-empty Knick.  I know there are other issues
involved which were brought up here and which have to be addressed, too.

BTW, I was there to visit Heather...McDonald's is opening its first of a
bunch of new rest areas on the NY Thruway in Guilderland, heading eastbound
just before exit 24 (the one where I-90 and I-87 meet).  She is there to
manage the new MailBoxes Etc in that plaza for the next three months; it
opens Monday (today) with a ceremony involving Gov Cuomo and officially
opens to the public on Wednesday 5/26.  Out of several thousand MBEs in the
nation, this is the first one ever at an interstate rest area and it's
experimental, so it's quite a good opportunity for her...if you're traveling
the Thruway in that area, stop in to say hi to her!
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)