Just had a thought, dealing with Jeff Jackson becoming an assistant for
Hartford...I wonder if he did not get the UMass job because he could not
guarantee that he'd be around long enough to build up the program, i.e.
Hartford and maybe some other teams could have been pursuing him at the
same time UMass was, and perhaps he was UMass's top choice only if he
agreed to stick around.

At any rate, I think both he and Mallen will do well at their new positions.
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]    [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93