Well, let me say that Michigan really impressed me. I must admit
that I had underestimated their ability to play with Maine. They
had a great game plan and their defense had an very good game.
Maine, on the other hand, showed their big weakness: lack of defense.
However, I think the Weinrich guy for Maine (what's his frist name?) had
a helluva game on the blueline. He broke up or played perfectly many
2 on 1's and 3 on 1's and 3 on 2's. As for offense, Michigan played
a very patient game waiting for their opportunities. They just weren't
able to capitalize on the many odd man breakaways they had. Maine,
although their O did not play as well as they usually do, showed how
dangerous they could be at times. Their passing didn't seem to be clicking
as well as it had most of the season.They seem to be stuck in the
neutral zone a lot instead of flying thru it. A credit to Michigna's
D. I was impressed by 5 players out there. Shields and Oliver for
Michigan, Ingraham, Fenton and Weinrich for Maine. Shields played
a great game in nets. Oliver always seemed to be there, no matter
what. Ingraham is a pesky SOB. I can't beleive that the nation's leading
goal scorer wasnt first or 2nd team all league. Says a lot for HE.
Fenton seemed to do a good job distracting Mich defensemen by parking
his butt in the crease. Weinrich, well, I mentioned him earlier. He
was often left to the dogs and played it VERY well.

MY THREE STARS
1) Shields
2) Weinrich
3) Oliver

I think LSSU can beat Maine if the Bears offense has trouble
getting started like yesterday. GO LAKERS!