I've just heard what may be the biggest news (at least for CCHA fans)
of the offseason.  This is an UNCONFIRMED RUMOR, and relative to the
other rumors I hear it's probably not as factually sound.  Nonetheless,
it's worth mentioning and discussing here.

THE RUMOR:
The Ohio State University is terminating varsity hockey, effective
immediately.

If true, this would reduce the CCHA to 10 full members and 1 affiliate.
Also, this would create a pool of at least a half a dozen players that
might hook up with another school.  I'm thinking mainly of goaltenders
Tom Askey and Kurt Brown, both freshmen in 1992-93.  Craig (?) Paterson
would seem to be a natural for UIC with his 196 penalty minutes this
past season.

If anyone can confirm or deny this rumor, please do.

  John H
  U Mich