Well, most likely it could (and should, IMHO, if the increase in participation
is significant...say from 46 to 60 or so at some point) bring an increase to
a 16-team tournament.  There are, I think, quite a few schools that could
become Div. I out of the ACHA in the next ten years or so (Penn State, North
Dakota St., Mich-Dearborn, Arizona, just to name a few...).  Of course, if the
ACHA becomes a reputable league (which it IS fast becoming), then we may see
NCAA teams switch to the ACHA!  :^)  (Just think, a hockey-only governing body)

Just one question:  does the MAAC you mention refer to the Metro Atlantic
Athletic Conference?  Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't it take quite a while for
those teams to even develop hockey programs? (unless I've got my basketball
conferences confused...)

 *       Jeremy Hall          [log in to unmask]          Penn State Univ.     *
 *                CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS: *1993* ECAC CHAMPIONS             *
 *                            PENN STATE ICERS:                              *
 *         1992-93 ATLANTIC LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON & TOURNAMENT CHAMPS        *
 *     LET'S GO TECH!!!!                                LET'S GO ICERS!!     *