I did hear some comments about the seating arrangements with the team
sections and the bands...

My friends and I figured it out as such: the team's seats were
arranged for Saturday's finals.  The Maine and Michigan tickets were
in two corners at one end, with the BU and LSSU fans in the other two
corners.  This was set up so that for the final on Saturday, each end
of the ice would be "biased" for one particular team.  This way, the
bands could also be at the same end of the ice as there fans.

Unfortunately, this meant that Thursday, one of the bands for the
semifinal teams got stuck at the wrong end of the arena.  How they
chose who got which end, I don't know.

This is just my assumption and deduction about the situation.

SOME PRAISE FOR THE MICHIGAN TICKET OFFICE:
I never have too many good words to say about our athletic ticket
office here at Michigan (they always seem to have their heads on
backwards, and never know what they are talking about), but I will
give credit where credit is due.  When they set up the seats for
Thursday's semifinal, they made sure that the Student season ticket
holders got the seats closest to the glass.  I really enjoyed sitting
down close, and I do have to say that we were the loudest, most
annoying, small group in the Bradley Center.  (And, yes, Wisconsin
fans, we too get sick of "the Victors," but we have no control over
our band...)

Lastly, my thanks to Wayne for all he does for Hockey-L.  I
appreciate all of the work you do.

Roger

IT'S OPENING DAY!       (HOW MANY RUNS WILL THE TIGERS LOSE BY TODAY?)
Roger L. Spurgeon                 [log in to unmask]   |_  \    /  _|
Michigan Engineering `94                                 | \ \  / / |
COLLEGE HOCKEY-CONGRATS TO ALL FOR A WONDERFUL SEASON!  _| | \  / | |_
DETROIT RED WINGS - JOHNNY O. - HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES!   |__|  \/  |__|
MUDDY THE MUD HEN SAYS "GEE, THE TIGERS REALLY SUCK!"      Go Blue!
"For lo, the winter is past, and the voice of the turtledove is once
 again heard in our land"              -Ernie Harwell