Gotta pay attention to those  to's and from's and sender's! :-)
     I ment to send this to the list not just Dave.
                                               Bob

On Mon, 8 Mar 1993 16:10:10 CST you said:

>Sunday, late in the third period a badger lost his stick, and during a
>scamble in front of the net, threw the puck into the corner (*NOT* out
>of the rink). The ref called a delayed panalty for delay of game. The
>player was not pleased. The bench was not pleased. The fans were
>very unhappy. Was this call correct?

    I don't claim to be an expert, but my wife says i think I know it all so
    here's the answer!   Handpassing in the defensive zone is legeal.  What
    the player in question did, was reach down and pick up the puck off the ice
    then throw it into the corner.  This is not allowed (our experts can quote
    the rule involved)  Yes it was a correct call, and unfortunatly for the
    Huskies and the Minnesota Gophers, we did not score on the Power play that
    that resulted from it late in the 3rd period! ;-)

                             Bob