Carol White sent the following:

> I finally got an answer to my question! I had Patti, coach Woog's secretary
> call the WCHA office in Madison for the information. Here it is:
>
> If two or more teams are tied with points:
> 1. Head-to-head competition.
> 2. Wins in the league.
> 3. Goal differential.
>
> This information is found on page 19 of the WCHA Rules Book!

Thanks, Carol!  One problem--if the league only went down three levels
on tie breakers, there's a chance Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan
are going to end up deciding their playoff seedings with a coin flip.
The Huskies and the Wildcats split their head-to-head competition and
are even on goals and conference victories.  If NMU gains one point on
Tech this last weekend, we have a "total tie."  Maybe hockey leagues
need to have eight or twelve different levels of tie-breakers, like the
NFL does (and sometimes it uses five or six of them!).

 *  Steve Christopher, NMU  [log in to unmask]             * * * *    *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey National Champions  1990-91   *   GO   *   *
 *  NCAA Division I Hockey Final Eight 1991-92           *        *
 *  WCHA League Champions 1990-91                        * 'CATS! *   *
 *  WCHA Playoff Champions 1988-89/1990-91/1991-92 . . .   * * * *    *