As everyone has noticed, there's been a major delay on the part of
e-mail the past few days.  I'm still receiving messages sent 36-48
hours ago.  (Therefore, I'll probably be in Milwaukee by the time
you read this. :-)

Saturday, 27 March 1993, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit MI

Wisconsin   0  1  2  0 -- 3      8  10  11  0 -- 29
Michigan    1  0  2  1 -- 4      8  10  13  2 -- 33

10:57 MICH Oliver 34 (Neaton,Roberts) PP
21:45 WISC Moore 16 (Shier,Katlaps)
46:31 WISC Williams 5 (Granato,Francisco)
51:05 MICH Willis 3 (Stone,Knuble)
54:07 WISC Tok 3 (Shier,Rafalski)
56:13 MICH Stewart 20 (Wiseman,Oliver)
61:35 MICH Roberts 26 (unassisted)

Goaltenders: WISC-Carey MICH-Shields
Officials: Three Bozos from the East, I presume
Attendance: Not enough to warrant having the regional in Detroit

OK, the summary is unofficial, as announced at the arena.  Mike Burger
posted that Dan Stiver scored the game winner, but I haven't seen an
official box so I'll stay with David Roberts.  From the hard to see
replay that I was exposed to, it appeared that Roberts had control of
the puck and Stiver blasted Roberts stick, sending the puck into the
net.  Like I said, I didn't see it very well with the naked eye or on
the large screen replay.

As for the officiating, these guys deserve to rot in hell!  I'm glad
I don't watch ECAC or Hockey East, I never realized that two-line
passes were considered offsides!!  TERRIBLE!!!

Beyond that, congrats to all tourney teams, congrats to the WCHA for
the BIG Friday night, and congrats to the phinal phour teams -- all
four top seeded teams advanced.

See everyone in Milwaukee.

  John H
  U Mich