I haven't seen a complete list of the first round scores yet, so
without further ado.

The WCHA sweeps into the second round of NC$$ action.

Northern Michigan  3   Harvard  2  (2 OT)
Minnesota          2   Clarkson 1
Minn-Duluth        7   Brown    3
Wisconsin          3   Miami    1

The attendance at the West regional (Detroit) was a paltry 2,442.
The attendance at the East regional (Worcester) was a respectable 9,683.

Frankly, I am quite surprised to see the WCHA win all four of these
games.  I really thought the WCHA was having a down year.  There
were a lot of decent teams in the league but no teams that compared to
the Minn, Wis, and N Michigan teams of the past three years.  Maybe I
was wrong.  Today's games should be quite a test for the WCHA.

---mg