>         OK. It's 12:45 P.M. Minnesota time, (Thursday).  I just got off the
> phone with the Worcester T & G.  The guy I talked said that he was just
> over there and was told that the arena was approx 2/3 sold out.  That
> means between 8,000 and 9,000 tickets sold.  However, the Centrum people
> are very vague about the exact number.  I called them myself and got no
> useful  information.  So it seems that the NC$$ is demanding 9,000 tickets
> but since the Centrum doesn't appear to know whether or not 9,000 tickets
> have been sold the hockey fans not in Mass. will pay the price.  I'm getting
> less and optimistic about the possibility of TV coverage.

Gary, Who did you speak to at the T&G?  At the Centrum?  On the front page of
today's sport..next to an article by Dick Cerasuolo..is a box which indicates
that there are fewer than 3,000 tickets available for tomorrow night and fewer
than 1,000 for Saturday.  This is consistent with the numbers that they quoted
yesterday and the day before from the Centrum GM and Ticket Manager.  Someone's
not telling us the truth and nothing but the truth.....

--
Jon Greene
Data General Corp., Westboro, MA