>         So please, will everyone stop whining about who should and should not
> have made the NC$$ tourney, and enjoy the games yet to come??

I, for one, have been really impressed by the LACK of whining by the
RPI fans.  Everyone knows that the bid process is somewhat subjective
(what is a 'hot' team?), so someone is always going to think their team
was slighted.  It was a legitimate question why Brown was picked over
RPI, but the 'facts' used by the selection committee seem to justify
it, and I think that RPI fans have accepted it well.

I was especially impressed by their lavish praise of the Clarkson
team.  For those out West, the following name substitutions may help:
;-)

    Clarkson    --> Minnesota
    St Lawrence --> Wisconsin
    RPI         --> N. Dakota

So you can see even almost-bitter rivals can be good sports.

I only wish I had been in Lake Placid for the tournament, but the
hockey-l updates made it a little easier to take.

Good luck to all the teams that made the finals (a little less to those
that Clarkson has to play), and I am sure we will hear a lot about RPI
next season.

-John Hughes
 Clarkson '73 (Let's Go Tech)