I find it shocking that NMU made the tourney.  I'll tell you
why.  A friend of mine sat next to Rick Comley at the Duluth-Wisconsin
game yesturday.  Since Comley is on the commitee, my friend asked what do
the Gophers have to do to make it.  Comley's reply, "They have to win
tonight."  I assumed then that since the Gophers finished ahead of NMU
in the WCHA and were just as hot(10-1-2 vs 10-3-1), obviously NMU
would also have to win too.  Apparently thing's don't work that way.
By the way, Miami finished ahead of Michigan in the CCHA.  Miami did better
in the CCHA playoffs, so Michigan get's a higher sead.  Go figure.

                                        Gary Hatfield