Hello hockey-l listeners.

I've been lurking for several months, just enjoying the chatter about
college hockey.  I live in Huntsville, AL, and have a rejuvenated
interest in college hockey with UAH in town.

I have a couple of rules questions that perhaps someone could answer
for me though.  Last Friday in UAH's game with Army, the Army
goaltender attempted to clear the puck from the UAH offensive zone and
sent it over the glass.  I had always understood that a puck cleared
from the rink by the goaltender was an automatic 2:00 minor for delay
of game, but no penalty was assessed.  Any clarification?

Also, following a scuffle between several players, two Army players
were given game misconduct penalties (actually 1 game, 1 10 minute
with 9:43 to play) and a UAH player was given a 5:00 major roughing
penalty.  This awarded Army a 5:00 minute power play (in which they
scored twice) for a situation that the officials apparently felt was
instigated by the Army players.  Is this correct?

Anxiously awaiting the Mankato St. games this weekend.

Rich Edmondson, Huntsville, AL