While taking in the Boston College/U-Lowell game at the Conte
Forum this past Friday, I noticed the teams switched sides at the 10 min. mark
of the third period.  I found out the reason for this is because the visiting
bench is unusually far from the defensive zone and poses somewhat of a
disadvadvantage for the away team as far as line changes are concerned.
                I found this pretty odd and I was wondering if anyone knows why
this is so?  Anyway, U-Lowell came back with 5 unanswered goals to win 7-3 so I
guess the bench didn't bother them too much.  They did this 10 minute switch
during this game, however when I watched them play Maine the format was 3
twenties as usual.  Is it the option of the opposing team to change the time
setup?  If so does this rule apply just to the Conte Forum or all arenas?