Maine beat Lowell 7-4 tonight in a fairly chippy game, with
Fitzgerald looking the other way on a good deal of Lowell's
cheap stuff...

Close to the end of the game, a Lowell player ran Dunham
(one of the cheaper stunts in College Hockey), causing the
obligatory retaliation from 6-3 defenseman Andy Silverman...
one thing led to another and I lost count of the matching
penalties...  this matching penalty stuff is stupid, especially
with just a few minutes left in the game...  they're all
sitting in the penalty box yucking it up...

Now, here's one for the books!
During the handshake lineup we all stood around saying,
"Nah, with the coaches standing over their shoulders, the
players won't do anything stupid here"...  sure enough, goalie
Garth Snow takes a wack at a Lowell player, it seemed that
someone then wacked Dunham, AND SNOW GETS A TWO MINUTE PENALTY!
Some punishment!  Someone shouted, "Hey Snow, careful, that goes
on your record"...

It's going to be interesting to see how Snow and Lowell mix it
up tomorrow night.... you can be sure Walsh and Crowder will have
a few choice things to say before the game...  actually, they're
probably saying it even as I type...

Larry Latour
from the Alfond "Mortuary", where fans sit on their hands and
go home faster than you can say "50-50".