I have been trying to get this out for weeks, but other things keep
getting in the way. Finally. This is TCHCR, using last year's game
outcome measure. You may recall that TCHCR no longer considers site or
margin of victory. Here is what it would look like if I hadn't made
the change. The "no goal" column is the normal TCHCR for the week (as
of Sunday).

The "old" GOM was +10 for a win, -10 for a loss, zero for a tie. This
base was modified by +1 if you were on the road and -1 if you were
home. If you won by 1, 2 or 3 goals, then the goal margin was added or
subtracted. 4 & 5 goal margins were +/- 4 and margins >= 6 were +/- 5.
(OT goals are not part of the margin of victory.) Finally, if you held
your opponents to < 25% of the total goals scored in the game, you got
an additional +1.

Here are the GOMs for Brown, for example:

Home           Away            Neutral
L 2-3  -12     L 4-7  -12      W 6-4  +12
W 5-3  +11     W 8-3  +15
W 5-2  +12     L 2-4  -11
L 4-6  -13     L 3-6  -12
L 3-5  -13     L 4-12 -14
W 6-4  +11     T 5-5  +1
W 5-4  +10     T 3-3  +1
L 2-4  -13     W 7-4  +14
W 8-3  +13     L 2-5  -12
W 6-2  +13     W 5-2  +14
               W 4-2  +13

If you add up those 22 numbers, you'll get +28. Divide that by 22 to get
Brown's performance, +1.27 (see below).

Just like always, "schedule" is the average rating of your opponets and
rating is the sum of performance and schedule.

Draw your own conclusions.

Keith