At the Colgate game last Saturday, when the Cornell fans shouted RED during
the anthem ( this is at the line  "and the rockets red glare" where it is
always quiet because the melody is so high;  it is quite effective), the Colgate
 fans shouted Raiders right after us.  It scored on creativity, but I'm not
sure I liked it.  I agree with Rodney that yelling things during the anthem
is disrespectful (Cornell fans just sing very loudly at times).  I have never
liked players skating before the anthem is over, especially when a player
starts skating before the last line.  After all, no one skates during Oh,
Canada.

Paulette Dwen
Cornell '89
Let's Go Red!