Steve writes:
>This game is evidence that ANYTHING can happen in a one game situation.
>In my eyes, Maine was clearly the better team Friday night, and I think
>they showed it on Sat.  BU worked hard, never gave up, certainly to
>Jack Parker's credit, and they came away with a victory they probably
>shouldn't have.
>
>I guess this game shows why I like the NC$$ one game format.  The best
>team doesn't always win.

What is interesting is that Shawn is quoted in THN as saying that he hates
the new HE quarterfinal format (two games, sudden death after 2nd game if
series tied) even more than the single elimination used the last two years:
"This format is crazy.  This rewards the lower teams even more than the
single-elimination format because they have two chances to win one game and
force the sudden-death overtime."  (from Larry Mahoney's HE column)

I wonder if his opinion has changed at all.  Now, even if someone should go
into Alfond and pull an upset, Maine would still be able to come back and
win the 2nd game and the sudden-death, rather than being knocked out.  But
I tend to think he was not referring to Maine's situation so much as that
faced by other teams.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*