I'm not saying that Juneau's style of play led to the pro- injuries,
because he doesn't seem to be that type of player...

BUT...

It does seem to me that today's equipment in general helps to give
today's player a feeling of invincibility that he didn't have years
ago.  It seems that players now are a lot freer with their sticks than
they ever were before, from spearing to cross checking to hitting
from behind to tripping to slashing to hitting after the whistle... all
because most of the time the victims are protected by their equipment...
I'm NOT advocating that we go back to the old system, just that we look
a little more carefully at this invincibility phenomenon.

Larry Latour
UMaine