RE>Harrassing Phone Messages

I don't know Rich Vehlow personally, but I'm rising to his defense.  For anyone
to receive such an immature and even threatening message is unacceptable,
especially between fellow Hockey-L subscribers.

Since my joining the Hockey-L in December, 1991, I've always been impressed by
the "professional" attitude people have shown in writing and responding things
or opinions about college hockey.  There seems to be an unwritten code of
ethics to which everyone subscribes.  I've witnessed some intense discussions
and rivalries between schools, but never seen or heard any personal attack
resulting from something somebody has said.  Now it appears that someone has
broken that "gentlemen's" agreement, and I join Rich in expressing my disgust
toward such action.

I hope that whoever left that message on Rich's answering machine would own up
to his action and apologize to him.  We certainly don't need his identity
revealed if he does so.  However, if someone can ID this guy and this person
does not take corrective steps, I suggest that anyone who knew the perpetrator
turns him in to Wayne Smith, and that Wayne terminates the perpetrator's
account on the list.  We must uphold the standards we've set for ourselves, and
only rational behaviors should come forth on this list.

Tom Y. Tseng
Cornell '87