In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:
>I keep seeing Emmanation's name, but I don't think I've ever seen
>him. This is a subtle segue into another Burning Question: is there
>any rhyme or reason behind the assignment of officials to games? Is
>the schedule of assignments worked out in advance of the season? Are
>there any rules/policies/conventions about not working one building
>on consecutive nights, not working one team too often, etc?

Their are rules concerning assignment of officials, but I'm not quite positive
what they are.  However, I can tell you that unless you go to a Union or RPI
game you will almost never see Mike Emmanation or Brian Shea.  They are the
two linesmen for this area and alternate between RPI and Union games on the
weekend.  The other officials do rotate more but you would have to ask Kenny Z
about that.

Daniel Orchard-Hays     Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute        '95
"Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin."