As a Union student, and having watched most of Reid Simonton's games
this season, I have no clue what anyone is talking about with all this
talk of freshmen mistakes made by him. He does play a physical game
and he does hit people but almost all of his checks have been clean.
Occationally he does get his stick up a bit too high but so do all
players at one time or another. Whoever is saying that he is not a
good skater has obviously not watched him enough. All season he has
been one of Union most effective puck carriers and also one of Union's
hardest shots from the point who is not afraid to take shots form the
outside. The only criticim of him I feel is he might shoot the puck a
bit too much on the powerplay. He seems to play the point on every
powerplay for Union and everytime he touches the puck on those
powerplays you can almost always predict a shot.
I do realize that he does have a long way to go in becoming a very
good hockey play but right now he is very affective in all aspects of
the game. I just ask that people who only see him one or 2 games a
season don't pass judgement that quickly. If I were to pass judgement
I could pick out at least one player from each team that I thought had
to right being on the ice(e.g. Spencer Meeny of RPI).
--
* (o o)  *     *****     Joshua Haravay       *****    *      +  *

--
* (o o)  *     *****     Joshua Haravay       *****    *      +  *