Usually when I'm dialing up this late at night from home, I'm also
listening to SportsRadio WEEI in Boston and the late night syndicated talk
show with Ron Barr.  You know, the guy on the NHLPA Hockey video game.
(Which is quite good, btw.)  Well, just minutes ago, someone called up and
asked Ron whether he thought that college hockey would grow and if it did,
wouldn't it help the NHL become more popular in the United States.  Ron
replied that he did not think college hockey would grow, that it would stay
situated in those areas of the country that already have a strong interest
in the game, and then he capped off his answer by saying,

"Do you really think that, say, the University of Alabama will EVER have a
hockey team?"

Fourth in last week's DivII poll, Ron.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*